Hicks Monuments & More
Hicks Monuments & More is a local company, owned and operated by Carmen (Sims) Hicks, a native of Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Carmen is also an independent life and health insurance agent/broker. She has worked in both, the insurance and funeral industries since 2004, and has developed a passion for helping families through one of the most difficult times of their lives – the loss of a loved one.
“It’s not just business, it’s ministry.” Carmen is amazed at how God has taken what was once her greatest fear, and has turned it into her greatest passion!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The answer is Yes. THE FUNERAL RULE:
- They may not refuse service, cause duress, embarrassment, or cast aspersions in any way onto persons choosing to bring their own products into a funeral home from an outside source.
- They may not alter routine charges based on the acceptance of outside merchandise.
- They may not require the family to be present at the time of delivery.
- They may not charge any fee for handling or inspection that would discourage third party vendors of caskets, vaults, monuments, flowers, or printed material such as registry books and acknowledgement cards.
- You have the right to buy separate goods (such as caskets). You DO NOT have to accept a package that may include items you do not want.
No. By law the funeral home can not charge you a handling or service fee when you choose to buy a casket from a third party.
The Funeral Rule, enforced by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), protects consumers by allowing them to purchase funeral items, such as caskets, from a source other than a funeral home, without being penalized in any way.
When you begin the arrangement process, the funeral director, by law, must give you a General Price List of the goods and services they provide. With the exception of the non-declinable fee (the basic fee of the funeral director and staff, which must be accepted), you can select or omit any item on their general price list. The funeral director cannot change the prices on their list, charge you a fee, or offer you a different price list to penalize you if you wish to buy a casket elsewhere.
We offer a wide variety of brands, styles, colors, and materials. Some of these include steel, hardwood, and copper.
Caskets that are in-stock can be delivered within 24 hours. Caskets that are not in-stock can be delivered in 48 hours. Just let us know when and where you need your casket delivered and we will make sure it arrives on time.
You have four options to pay for your casket. You may pay with cash, cashier’s check, or credit card.
You may also qualify to use life insurance proceeds. We use a Capital Funding company to verify that the policy is in good standing prior to processing your order.